Sunday, December 21, 2008

Santa Upgraded my Point & Shoot Camera Canon G10

Nothing is better then an early Christmas present, especially when it arrives in time to use for your child's birthday party and visits with Santa.

I have been struggling with which point-and-shoot camera I wanted to buy. I would love my Nikon's quality photos packed in a WEE little bitty camera but that's not going to happen. :( I tried Nikon's Coolpix and was not happy. I've had my smaller Canon Powershot for over 2 years now, so I went with the PowerShot G10. Here are a few "highlights" - 14.7 megapixels, 3 inch screen, high powered 5x optical zoom with optical image stabilizer, a 28mm wide-angle lens, DIGIC 4 image processor that improves face detection, adds servo AF, face detection self-times and intelligent contrast correction. ISO can be used up to 3200, and you can shoot in raw. Another interesting feature is that this camera has a hot shoe, not that I shoot with a Canon for my work but still an interesting feature. I could go on about the other cool things it does, but I have probably lost 90% of you already. So here are a few of my first shots with my G10.


My little one chatting with Santa about a Wiggles guitar, shot with very low office light.

Breakfast with Santa at the Birmingham Zoo, indoors again low light, it was a muggy day
Outside at the Birmingham Zoo


This one is not a REALLY good example cause I did smooth my skin a little. (Mama needed a little help!) But this was a let's hold the camera out in front of us and take a shot example.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i must say young lady, you have grown up beautifully. and those sons of yours are precious. :)

Anonymous said...

bahaha okay that was ME:)
but those pictures are BEAUTIFUL!
i wanna meet santa!

DaNella Auten said...

Hi, I'm DaNella.
I must say I am impressed a poing and shoot that you can do in raw... I need to get one I too have a Nikon that I love...

DaNella Auten said...

lol point and shoot not a poing and shoot... sorry